News & Events
From software updates to conference announcements, stop by Lumina's News and Events center to stay up-to-date on our company's product offerings and news highlights.
Lumina at INFORMS 2017 in Houston
Please come and meet us in person at the INFORMS Annual 2017 meeting at the George R. Brown Convention Center, in Houston, Texas Sunday October 22 to Wednesday 25, 2017.
Anyone meeting us at INFORMS or attending one of these talks will receive a free trial of our Optimizer software and a 20% discount on any purchase of Analytica made within 30 days.
Analytica Tutorial by Max Henrion on session SD79, Sunday 22nd, 5.15pm to 6.00pm SD79 in 381B
Tutorial on Environmental Policy and Decision Analysis by Max Henrion in session TC03, Tuesday, October 24, 12:05 to 1.35pm PM in room SD79
Release of Analytica 5.0!
The Lumina team is delighted to announce the release of Analytica 5.0 on October 30th, 2017! This major new release includes literally hundreds of new and improved features.
With Analytica 5.0, we are moving to subscription-based licensing for all our software, following most of the software industry. (Analytica Cloud Player and Cubeplan have always been subscription based.)
- The price for a new annual subscription is the same as our previous initial price for each edition. Renewals for subsequent years are 50% of full price.
- A subscription includes our acclaimed technical support and free upgrades for patches, minor and major releases.
- For previous major releases, we charged about 70% of full price for those with current support. With the release of 5.0, you can upgrade for only 50% of initial price if you have current support. Your Analytica 5.0 subscription will be for 12 months plus any time left on your support contract.
For a review of Highlights, click More.
Award to Panama Canal for saving 160Mt CO2 using Cubeplan
The Panama Canal Authority was recognized by the International Marine Organization (IMO) for reducing greenhouse gas emissions from international shipping by 160 million tons of CO2 over the next decade.
Cubeplan recognized as Best New Vendor by BPM Partners
Cubeplan was selected as the best new vendor in 'The Pulse of Performance Management 2016: The Top Solutions for Budgeting, Forecasting, Consolidation, Reporting, and Analytics.'
Targets and turmoil in UK energy policy: energy modeling at the science-policy interface
L3 Event (Lumina Lunch & Learn)
Francis Li will talk about (and demo) the BLUE Analytica model at Lumina Decision Systems,
1350 Dell Av, Suite 101, Campbell, CA 95008
Noon to 1pm on Wednesday, 8th June 2016
RSVP if you would like us to provide sandwiches, or want to attend remotely.
Redesigned Analytica wiki
We have totally redesigned the Analytica wiki with a clean new look:
- A smarter search box, new home page, Functions by category, and Modeling Guide make it much easier to find what you want.
- All the PDF docs, including Tutorial, User Guide, Optimizer Guide, and ADE Guide are now on the wiki, so you need search only in one place.
- You can open a wiki page explanation of any function from inside Analytica – select the function name, right-click, and select Wiki help.
- As before, it’s powered by Mediawiki, the same engine that powers Wikipedia. So you can add comments, tips, and example models for the whole Analytica community.
- A new WYZIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) Visual editor lets you add content without having to learn the wikitext format.
See What’s new in the Analytica wiki? for more.
Announcing the release of Analytica 4.6!
Analytica 4.6 is now available to everyone with current support! New features in Analytica 4.6 include increased speed, OnClick and OnChange events, additional graphing features, COM integration with other applications and more. Users of Free 101 editions and better can now all use Buttons and Spreadsheet functions. For a full list of updates, check out What's New in Analytica 4.6? on our Wiki.
If you have current support, Analytica should prompt you for a free and immediate upgrade to 4.6 when you run it next. Otherwise you can renew your support to upgrade to 4.6. If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 650-212-1212.
Stanford Webinar: From Controversy to Consensus: Decommissioning California’s offshore oil platforms
Watch Lumina CEO Max Henrion's presentation of the 2014 Decision Practice Award project based on the paper "A Multi-Attribute Decision Analysis of Decommissioning California's Offshore Oil Platforms" online here. For more, see the Analytica case study: From controversy to consensus: Decommissioning California's offshore oil platforms and the article in ORMS Today, Rigs to Reefs: A Decision Analysis of Decommissioning California's oil platforms.
SDP - DAS Webinar: Turning Water into Wine
See how Analytica was used to help a small municipal government in Napa Valley, CA, with its water management issues in a SDP and DAS webinar presented by Tim Nieman of Decision Applications.
From Rigs to Reefs article appears in ORMS Today
Lumina CEO Max Henrion's 2014 Decision Analysis Practice Award project based on the paper "A Multi-Attribute Decision Analysis of Decommissioning California's Offshore Oil Platforms" coauthored with Brock Bernstein and Surya Swamy has been published in the February 2015 issue of ORMS Today. The project assessed multiple options for decomissioning oil rig platforms off the coast of Southern California, and helped a contentious decision reach consensus. For more, see the Analytica case study: From controversy to consensus: Decommissioning California's offshore oil platforms and the article in ORMS Today, Rigs to Reefs: A Decision Analysis of Decommissioning California's oil platforms